FROST, WILLIAM was the son of George Frost of Winter Harbor, and bro. of John Frost of York. His sis. was Rebecca (Frost) Booth. He had a grant of land in Crooked Lane, Kittery in 1658. In 1673 he bought land in Saco, of William Phillips. In King Phillip's War, he fled to Salem where he liv. 1675-79. In 1670 he bought land in Wells where he operated a sawmill. In May 1690 he and James Littlefield were killed by Indians, and William 's son, Nathaniel , was captured. William m . Mary Wakefield, dau. of John and Elizabeth (Littlefield) Wakefield. She m. 2nd Israel Harding of Wells.
Sources: NLD; Norman Frost, Frost Genealogy in Five Families wpf
Homesite: In Kittery on Crooked Lane ; in Wells his mill was on Little River.
1. William m. 6 Dec 1694 Rachel Littlefield, dau. of Francis at Wells, 2 ch.; m. 2nd 5 Apr 1706 Elizabeth (Bush) Searle, wid. of Edward, 7 ch.
2. Nathaniel, captured by Indians; fate unkn.
3. Elizabeth, m . in York Daniel Dill 8 Nov 1698, 6 ch. (Not listed by NLD) .
4. Mary, b. Salem 11 May 1677.
5. Abigail, m. 14 Jan 1702/03 Samuel Upton at Salem.
6. James, m. 1st Wells 1 Jly 1696 Hannah Wooden; m. 2nd 15 May 1707/08 Margaret Goodwin, dau. of William and Deliverance (Taylor) Goodwin, 9 ch.